Saturday, May 3, 2008

Soma FM

Given that gas is now $3.50 or more per gallon, I know longer have the Sunday night blues knowing I have to go back to work the next day. Instead, its the Saturday night blues of not being able to drive to my in-laws to mushroom hunt because it will cost us $50 round trip in gas. Julie called her mom earlier today. They found 2 pounds of morels today, and her dad found 1 pound a day earlier. I expect pictures.

Right now, I am sitting here listening to soma fm. Soma is a 24 hour internet radio station. There are 8 or 10 streaming feeds. Disclaimer: this is not the kind of music commonly found on FM radio. I spend most of time listening to Space Station Soma, described on their page as "spaced out ambient and mid tempo electronica." In years past, I really enjoyed listening to Hearts of Space on Public Radio. They currently maintain a website which requires a payment to listen. Why pay for something that I can enjoy for free. And actually, tonight I have discovered a new addition to Soma's channel lineup called Boot Liquor. Again, their descriptions are much better than anything I can write: "Americana roots music with a bit of attitude. For Cowhands, Cowpokes and Cowtippers." The music is a combination of older country and folk music. Its kind of a nice break from commercialized music. The songs are simple, the lyrics are clearly understood, and the sound is pretty soft.

1 comment:

Gman said...

Try Mysterious Universe, Scene Unseen or Hometown Tales Podcasts